PDA

View Full Version : extremely long shed

extremely long shed

jakkipaige
12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
hey I had a post about my snake corn flake earlier, bad home and did a rescue, well one of the wounds on her bottom half is actually healing up beautifully, the other one still has some work, but she has been shedding for 2 and a half weeks in pieces, I did what was suggested towel water in a terrarium, and its helping, but shes not quite there yet. If she is nearly finished her shed is it ok to try to feed her? I have to go away for a week, and my friend who is going to take care of her doesnt feel comftorable feeding her. and the person that was supposed to do it wont do it anymore that would have fed her :( anyways, is it normal for a shed to take this long? or does it have anything to do with the fact she has had a bad home for so long in desert like conditions, I've been a stickler on making sure her humidity is right. Also is it ok to feed a snake in the last part of their shed? if its a have to?

jakkipaige
12-28-2012, 01:32 PM
K took an Hormuz with her but got the rest of her shed off! She didn't like it at first but at the end I think she realized I was just helping her out!

yojoe05
12-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Sorry but what is a Hormuz? If you tried in any way to rub or wipe the scales off with even mild force I would not do this again. Snakes are very sensitive and you can cause major problems to her new scales if you are to forceful in removing her shed. Just do a daily soak with a warm wash cloth and allow her to crawl through it and it should take care of any bad shed problems.

jakkipaige
12-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Humidiity no I didnt force any off I just let her slither through a damp paper towel

yojoe05
12-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Okay had no Idea what Hormuz was but yeah, you might try a humid hide with spanghum as well next time see if that helps at all.

Lyreiania
12-31-2012, 12:25 AM
One of my snakes is a chronically bad shedder. When I see that yet again he has failed to shed, I plunk him in a basin of water (room temperature, maybe a tad warmer) and let him soak for about half hour to 40 minutes. Water is indeed the universal solvent, I have no troubles getting that shed off him when hes been soaking. It peels right off, no fuss, no trauma to the snake.