PDA

View Full Version : Half-regurge?

Half-regurge?

ladyrepublica
12-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Hello, everyone.

Sorry if this has already been posted. I did a cursory search through the posts and I didn't see this exact scenario posted.

Anyway, my corn just regurged her mouse, but not quite as I had expected. I just fed her and she got the mouse about halfway down, then decided it didn't agree with her and threw it back up. Should I follow the standard procedure for a regurge (no food for 10 days, then a pinkie, etc... as posted by Kathy Love) or try again next week since it wasn't a full regurge? Why did she do this? Should I take her to the vet? I do have a reptile probiotic powder and grapeseed oil, so I think that will help if I need them.

Here's some relevant basic info:
Female
Weight: 627g
1. Last shed was about a month ago - she is not currently blue and hasn't been in the past few days.
2. She has an undertank heater with a reptistat that keeps it between 80 and 85 degrees. Temp in the rest of the apartment hangs out at about 75 year round.
3. I upped her food size a few weeks ago, but she's kept about 3 of them down so far without issue. She is now eating full adult mice (25-40g each) every 7-10 days. Maybe this is too much for the new size of food?

Any ideas or advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Nanci
12-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Not a regurge- she just changed her mind. Did anything startle her? I would definitely drop the prey size down, and would feed her every two weeks at the most. She is awfully heavy for a 3 year old.

I feed 600+ gram snakes mice in the 25-30 gram range every 2-3 weeks.

ladyrepublica
12-31-2012, 04:03 PM
I don't think anything startled her... I fed her in her usual "quiet box", which is what she seems to prefer. I'll drop the food size and frequency at which she's fed. Thanks for the advice!