PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Overweight Snake

Fixing Overweight Snake

jessicashallperish
01-03-2013, 05:35 PM
I am probably buying a BEAUTIFUL bloodred from a friend... well she is an 06 and has been used as a breeder. shes a fat a*s, to put it bluntly. her scales are separated from being so large (she almost looks gravid) but i assume shes just over fed. what is the best way to slim this baby down?

kaypar2011
01-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Cut calories and exercise. What was her owner feeding her and how often. Feed smaller prey and stretch feedings to 14 days. I bought an obese Miami female that got into shape with swimming in the bath tub and getting a 20 gram f/t mouse every two weeks.

beautifullywild77
01-03-2013, 06:39 PM
You can even stretch the feeding out every 20 days if she is really obese. Does she have really bad hips? Usually once they get hips, I hear it is nearly impossible to get rid of them.

jessicashallperish
01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
She doesnt have hips yet from what i can tell she is just fat. She wasnt nessecarily "owned" she was bought by my friend, for me, from his work which is a breeding facility (reptiles by mack) where she was fed rats so she didnt lose weight from being bred. I honestly am not sure how she didnt get egg bound.

jessicashallperish
01-04-2013, 03:33 PM
this is the only picture that i have of her. she looks like shes on her way to having hips but from what i see, she doesnt have them quite yet. all of their snakes look like this. even the kings.

loyalsissaly84
01-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Would I use this diet for a six month old king snake?

jessicashallperish
01-04-2013, 03:56 PM
I can't really see how a 6 month old snake would be overweight O_o but feed less or smaller meals i would assume.

loyalsissaly84
01-04-2013, 04:26 PM
I can't really see how a 6 month old snake would be overweight O_o but feed less or smaller meals i would assume.

Ill try that, he is the only king i have , but when i got him he looked in shape and my corn and rat snakes looked small, but now he just looks sorta chunky, idk! But i guess ill switch him to smaller pinkys