PDA

View Full Version : My Baby Corn Snake Got Outside at 20 degrees (Still Alive)

My Baby Corn Snake Got Outside at 20 degrees (Still Alive)

zandb
01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
My girl got out of her cage in the middle of the night she must have fallen about four feet to the floor, she the crawled under the door and outside. We found her on the porch and she appeared to be dead, she was even limp like a noodle, i was positive she froze to death. we even spend the whole day crying for her apparent death. We got ready to bury her and went to take one last look at her and her little head popped up when we opened the box we were going to bury her in. We were over joyed that our baby was alive. Its been about 3 hours since we found her and about 8 since we brought her inside. I was wondering if someone could explain to me what happened to her and if she will be ok? Thanks

zandb
01-08-2013, 06:08 PM
I also fed her when she got back in as she was wandering her cage looking for food and it has been about a week since she was last fed. She is still wandering about her cage should i give her another mouse?

Nanci
01-08-2013, 06:55 PM
No! You shouldn't have fed her in the first place after a trauma like that. She should have had a couple days to recover. Leave her alone now for at least three days.

zandb
01-08-2013, 07:26 PM
i didn't know but she seems fine, i called the woman i got her from and she said just to keep her warm, is there anything else u recommend i do, aside from leaving her alone for at least 3 days

Isoldael
01-09-2013, 05:49 AM
She should be fine, she was probably just limp because the cold made her extremely slow and her muscles stiff and hard to move. I'd definitely keep a close eye on her to make sure there's nothing wrong with her, though :)

MotleyMedusa7
01-09-2013, 07:30 AM
What kind of cage is she in? it doesn't sound secure if she was able to escape.

HermesMom
01-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Oh my gosh, the poor little thing. Sending lots of positive thoughts that she makes a full recovery.

meanbuggy
01-12-2013, 02:36 AM
Dead animals go stiff.

screamindemon17
01-12-2013, 02:54 AM
Listen to nanci...she knows what shes talking about.... Let it recover from her near death experiance with a little stress as poss. There bodies usually do go from warm to freezing in a short amount of time so there may be some trama you wont see ...and most snakes wont wake from being frozen like fish and frogs have

Skully23
01-12-2013, 06:29 AM
What are you keeping her in?

-Skully-