PDA

View Full Version : feeding question

feeding question

amicoolchick
06-27-2004, 08:00 AM
hi im new to this forum so hi to you all. i bought my daughter a corn snake last week, and it took a pinkie on tuesday how long should i give until it needs feeding again??? its about 2and a half months old. :)

Alex Dew
06-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Hey and WELCOME TO THE FORUM :D

Wait about 5 days between each feeding.
BTW, what kind of cornsnake is it???

Alex

amicoolchick
06-27-2004, 08:54 AM
sorry im new to all this, not sure what BTW means and im not to sure on what corn snake i have either, ive been onto several sites to find the type we have and then i bought the kathy love's corn snake manual, and it looks like a okeetee as it has little orange spots between the large brown parts but really at the moment im not to sure, thanks for your quick reply back to me though, ill try and feed it this evening.:)

Alex Dew
06-27-2004, 05:49 PM
No problem. "BTW" means "by the way".

You probaly have a normal or an okeetee.

Good Luck with your new snake!!!

Alex

amicoolchick
06-28-2004, 07:06 AM
thanx again for the quick reply, I tried to feed him last night but all he did was smell the pinkie, and move over it a few times, did'nt seem at all interested in eating it, i left it in the tank for the night hoping to find it gone this morning but it was still there, im hoping he's ok ill try again in a couple of days, thanx again ami. :)

Alex Dew
06-28-2004, 04:17 PM
No prob.

After you have left the pinky in the over the night and your snake still hasn't eaten it, try waving it about infront of your snake before you throw the pinky away. The snake might fell more intrested in it then.

Alex

WAS1
06-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Could be going thru a shed. they nearly always refuse to eat, tho they sometimes show an interest. at that age they shed nearly every month, particularly this time of year. Has its eyes gone milky? If so just be patient and wait, after shedding a healthy snake will just want to eat.