PDA

View Full Version : Not a feeding problem but a bit frustrating

Not a feeding problem but a bit frustrating

chag67
01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Turns out that Ty is a very shy eater. This is the second week in a row that I have had to leave the fuzzy right in front of his warm hide and leave over night. Both times, he ate the fuzzy by morning.

Is there a way to "teach" him to be more open during his feeding time. I also am not particularly fond of feeding him in his Viv. I do not want to starve the poor guy just to get him to eat in a separate feeding bin. The first 2 feedings after I "rescued" him from Petsmart went very well. He ate with gusto 2 pinkies in a separate feeding tub each time. Just confused as to why he has turned into such a shy eater.

Also, i do try to handle him about 15 min a day, unless he has just ate. I'm not too concerned since he is in good health, good color, and pretty active during the handling sessions. Just disappointed he is a shy eater.

khaleah
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
He should grow out of it. I have 2 that are shy eaters. One was super bad for a while. had to put him in the petsmart box with the pinky over night in his viv. now i can pull him out put him in a critter carrier in a quiet spot and he will eat after about 20 mins of looking and sniffing his food and to this day still refuses to be tong fed. Its been almost a year and at least he lets me watch him eat now as long as i don't move around to much.

I am glad that Ty is eatting thats wonderful. :)

bitsy
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Any Corn that eats is a winner! I also think that he'll probably grow out of it. They do change their eating habits during their life, so I'd just go along with what he wants for a few feeds, then try the feeding tub again in a couple of months.

chag67
01-21-2013, 12:55 PM
I agree. I am thrilled that he eats. I'm also very happy that he progressed up to the fuzzies without any issues. I think he has grown quite a bit since getting him. I have to get a new battery for my scale.

My only other issue is that he seems to wait until I get him out and handle him on my bed before he decides to take a nice big poop. He has never went on the floor or carpet or me. He waits until he is on the bed.