PDA

View Full Version : Getting so personal

Getting so personal

Colleen
06-24-2002, 04:29 AM
Hi all! I'm concerned about something that I have been seeing lately on this forum as well as the Kingsnake.com forum. It seems that when someone has an opposing view the thing to do is start a personal attack of name calling or sarcastic remarks. Or add yet another of a long line of posts pointing out the "offenders" mistake. I personally haven't been(OMG I probably will be now!!:) ) on the recieving end of this but it is distracting from the great info.and shared experiences found on this site! I don't know about the rest of you but I have plenty of stress and tention in my life and I for one don't need the worry of how I word my posts! If you need an example of this look in the LOGO Contest forum at Snakebite001s post! Yicks she is just a kid. It would be a shame if she didn't come back here because of this! Sorry folks normally I wouldn't get so up tight but this is the second time this week that someone on here said they weren't coming to this site anymore because of this sort of thing.

Anyway I just was wondering if anybody else felt the same?

:D Colleen

SilverTongue
06-24-2002, 05:44 AM
I agree with you, but I havnt been here all that long. So I dont know if that means much. I do agree with you though :(

Katie
06-24-2002, 09:53 AM
In the post you mentioned, when I looked at the thread, the obvious mistake wasn't corrected as she said it would be and THAT's when people really started getting ticked off about it. If it was my work I would be upset too. Especially when someone pointed out the mistake and were told that it would be corrected and then came back to find it wasn't corrected. Just my 2 cents, not trying to start a big fight because I do know what you mean. I barely go to kingsnake now because of the personal attacks but I don't think that was the case here, people were just trying to get a severe mistake corrected and it wasn't being done IMHO.

Alicia
06-24-2002, 09:55 AM
I don't like personal attacks either and I usually will stay away from any thread that goes in that direction. I will say however that I did not attack Lizzy in that thread in the logo contest area. I simpley pointed out that she needed to ask before using someone elses work. I checked out her profile and I do know that she is only 13 and that is why I worded it the way I did. It is very hard to convey tone in a short written comment. I'm sorry if you misunderstood my intent in that post but I still feel it needed to be said. I have children too and I would never harrass of attack anyones child.

:) Alicia

Katie
06-24-2002, 10:35 AM
I also knew that she was only 13 because I checked when the last thread about spelling and grammar was active. I didn't attack her either and I do realize she probably didn't know any better. But she should've removed the post when she said she was going to, especially after it was pointed out by a couple of people. It would've saved a lot of hassle on both sides.

Hurley
06-24-2002, 10:39 AM
I purposely didn't post anything in that thread because the poor kid got plenty of posts about it.

I don't have the ability, but Rich does...why don't we just erase the whole thread so it is a non-issue and get on with life.

I thank everyone for standing up for someone else's work. Lizzy - no harm, no foul, please don't leave the site over this.

In fact, I think I might be able to pull the gif off of the photo gallery or whereever I originally posted it. That should solve the problem...

skylark711
06-25-2002, 12:25 AM
Recently, I started a thread that I wanted feedback upon. In the middle of the thread, I noticed a concerning comment and a response. To assist with the issue, I tried to be supportive.

My question for you is...

Should I just remove those comments all together? Can I remove them, if I started the thread? What is the proper eddicate for handling such issues on this message board?

Thank you, concerned sky~

Colleen
06-25-2002, 01:47 AM
Oh I am so glad that others feel the way I do on this issue! I can hardly get to the info. for all of the c**p posts on Kingsnake! I wasn't trying to point a finger at anyone (regarding Lizzys' post) just simply using it as an example. I realize that most people did and do respond to posts appropriately! And I did receive an e-mail from Lizzy where she said that she will continue to post.:)
I totally agree that it is hard to convey tone through this med. often one is misunderstood. (ex.I hope that Katie and Alicia didn't think that this post was concerning their posts! Which were totally UNhostile!:) )

Well any way for future ref. I ALWAYS WELCOME ANYONES ADVICE, CORRECTIONS AND INPUT!! I need to learn all I can and am happy for any opportunity. OK so I need a spell check!hehehe

Thanks all,

Colleen

SilverTongue
06-25-2002, 02:20 AM
I would just be happy if someone would answer my posts :( Every once in a while someone does, but the majority of my questions go unanswered.:mad:

Colleen
06-25-2002, 02:40 AM
I try to answer all of the posts that I can. Meaning of course the ones that I feel qualified to answer! I'm new to all of this too!

:cool: Colleen

Katie
06-25-2002, 12:08 PM
No no, I didn't feel like anyone was directing negative comments specifically at me. I just wanted to say I could see both sides of the issue! :) Lol. And I too try to answer as many posts as I can. Sometimes if I'm not sure about something I post it anyway and sometimes I don't (usually if I'm pressed for time). If it's about breeding I usually just let someone else handle it! I've never bred corns before and though I've read plenty about it I don't really feel qualified in answering the majority of questions.

Snakebite001
06-25-2002, 04:10 PM
well since MOST of the conversation is about me i would like to have a word in!
first of all DONT give me that only 13 CR** because u dont know what it is like to be judged by your age!!!!!
i said im sorry but the nasty comments i got were not nessary!
i know some of u say i was only pointing it out which im glad because i didnt know what i was doing wrong with THE LOGO thing and i have delelted it.!

by the way i didnt say i wouldnt leave i said i will stay here for a bit more but i am still considering to leave!!!!!!

SilverTongue
06-25-2002, 04:20 PM
Ok i hope you are not attacking Colleen. It is not a good idea to be mean to someone who actually stands by your side even though you did something wrong. I think that was very nice of her. I do not think she was judging you by your age, only explaining how you are just not as experienced in everything as a lot of adults think they are. It is not a matter of maturity. Heck I think my 5yr old daughter is a lot more mature then most people I know. LOL And she will drop on the floor and trow a tempertantrum in a movie rental store LoL

Why dont we let this all drop. It has gotten way beyound the point that it is not constructive and it is just being destructive!

:(

Snakebite001
06-25-2002, 04:25 PM
No i am not attacking colleen!!!!
and i thank everyone who supported me!
but im just saying dont give my that too young, not experienced CR** because u never met me and u dont know..i could be more experieced than u!!
i deleted the logo so i dont know why every1 was fussed about!!!!

SilverTongue
06-25-2002, 04:30 PM
((((((((((OK LETS ALL HUG))))))))))

:) :D ;) :p :) :D ;) :p :cool:

Snakebite001
06-25-2002, 04:31 PM
Thanx i needed that

((((((((((( Hug )))))))))))))

:p

SilverTongue
06-25-2002, 04:33 PM
no problem. Me too.;)

Snakebite001
06-25-2002, 04:34 PM
how old are u????

well i guess you know how old i am..its been said a million times!

SilverTongue
06-25-2002, 04:37 PM
28, but my kiddo makes me feel like I am a 58 year old LoL

Snakebite001
06-25-2002, 04:39 PM
enjoy life while u still have it!!!!!!
im sure he doesnt !

Iris
06-26-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Snakebite001
enjoy life while u still have it!!!!!!
im sure he doesnt !

Hey Snakebite (or Lizzy :)) I'm a little confused..what do you mean by "I'm sure he doesn't!" I was just reading these posts and I have no clue what you mean. Just curious. I hate not being able to figure things out.

Snakebite001
06-26-2002, 12:22 PM
sorry i might of sent it to the wrong person!!!!