PDA

View Full Version : Popping noises

Popping noises

jessicashallperish
02-06-2013, 03:51 PM
my big bloodred het lavender is deeeep in shed and i noticed her to be a little poppy when she breathes. should i be concerned or is it possible shes doing this because she is in shed? temps are great, 85 on the warm side and 80 on the cool side. i just noticed it today and i handle her daily.

bitsy
02-06-2013, 04:10 PM
The majority of this type of problem reported here, seem due to the shed. Unless she develops further symptoms, I'd leave things exactly as they are and see what happens after the shed. I wouldn't handle during a shed, but that's a by-the-way.

maxfox426
02-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Since you say she's in shed, it's possible a bit of loose skin is slightly covering a nostril or something and could cause such a popping noise. Hopefully that is all it is. That's what I would suspect if she's that deep in blue.

However, that sort of noise while breathing could also mean a respiratory infection. Keep monitoring her temps, make sure she doesn't have a chance to get too cold. If she's still "popping" after she's done shedding, you might consider a vet visit.

Wishing her a good shed and hoping that's all it takes to clear up the noise! :)

jessicashallperish
02-06-2013, 04:18 PM
That's what I was thinking just needed a second opinion

smigon
02-08-2013, 05:32 AM
I heard the same things when I had to soak mine for her first shed with me, holding a wet washcloth and letting her slither through it caused the shed to come off perfectly but I did hear lots of popping.