PDA

View Full Version : Slow digestion

Slow digestion

chag67
03-01-2013, 12:14 PM
I fed Ty a fuzzy this past Sunday (Feb 24). It was not more than 1.5 times his body size. He still has a noticeable bump like he is still digesting. Should I be concerned? Should I still attempt to feed him this Sunday (Mar 3)? He moves between his cold and warm hide regularly and his temps are "normal". Warm hide is between 80 and 85. General temp of viv ranges between 65 and 80 depending on the days temps. It never drops below 65 though. It typically stays at 70 to 72.

A bit of history -
Jan 13 - 1st fuzzy (upgraded from 2 pinkies) no issues
Jan 20 - fuzzy - regurged the next day
Jan 28 - 1 pinkie - no issues
Feb 3 - 2 pinkies - no issues
Feb 10 - 2 pinkies - no issues
Feb 17 - refused fuzzy, he shed about an hour after refusing (weight 28 gms)
Feb 24 - 1 fuzzy (weight 25 gms)
Today - noticeable bump from feeding still present.

Should I be concerned? He pokes his head out of his hides when I come home and talk to him. He is normally very shy. I haven't handled him at this week because I don't want to risk another regurge.

Should I offer him another fuzzy this coming Sunday (his scheduled feeding day)?
Should I go back down to 2 pinkies?
Should I go back down to 3 pinkies? (maybe it is the fuzzies he is having trouble with).

Nanci
03-01-2013, 12:24 PM
I would go back to two pinks. Can you get peach fuzzies? At 25 grams, he's barely big enough for peaches. After a regurge I would NEVER feed something 1.5 times the body size, for quite a long time...

chag67
03-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Can't get peach fuzzies unless I order through the web. Not wanting to do that as of yet since I'm VERY limited with freezer space. I'll go back to pinkies since he seemed to prefer them anyway. Maybe because they were the right size.
Thanks Nanci.