PDA

View Full Version : Recently shed, won't take first mouse

Recently shed, won't take first mouse

nicklandovich
03-21-2013, 09:28 PM
So one of my snakes went into blue about 5 days after getting her in the mail. She finished a clean shed the day before yesterday so I attempted to feed her last night with no success. I am trying again now, she's in a smaller bowl set in her cage with a pinky slit on the back of the head. How long can I leave the two together? Should I try anything else? All Steven Roy lances snakes feed on f/t so any advice would be welcome.

nicklandovich
03-21-2013, 09:59 PM
All is well, she took it finally.

nicklandovich
03-21-2013, 10:05 PM
She really is living up to her name and being a princess... In case anyone has a similar problem a small container set inside the snakes enclosure and left alone will be a good thing to try.

Bowlshot
03-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Good to hear that she took it for you congrats now can we get some pics after she's done digesting

nicklandovich
03-21-2013, 11:12 PM
All my photos of them so far are on Flickr. Just search Nicklandovich

Nythain
03-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Good to hear she ate. Haven't tried Plissken again yet, giving him some personal time. I tried leaving him in his bowl with the food last time, overnight... he didn't even crawl out of the container, just curled up and slept in it and didn't touch the pinky.

Blue Apple Herps
03-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Also keep in mind that shipping can be a stressful event. I will usually wait at least 10 days after receiving a snake before I offer it food to really let it settle in.

Glad she ate for you though.