• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Not What I Wanted To See Tonight...

BigByrd47119

Got off work, check on the snake, and there lays a fresh regurg! GRR!

I have never had one do this and I have to say Im a little peaved about it.

Fed a week ago yesterday everything was fine.

Weighed Tuesday at 240 grams

Fed yesterday same size meal

Regurge today.

No handling for 48hrs last week and he wasnt handled in the last 24 hrs (time since last fed). Temps are fine by my temp gun, no one home to bother him during the day either. No signs of shed. No signs of RI. No other snakes in the house. I mean...I got nothing! :(

Im awaire of the protocol...I just want the WHY at this point!

The only thing I can think of thats been...unusual I guess?...is this almost daily poop for about the last 5 days. Sometimes with substance, and other times almost like liquid.

I'd be very thankful for diagnosing a cause and will help answer any questions you may have to help!

Thanks,
Justin

Just occured to me this morning a few things:

Last feed (3/13) he fed somewhat timidly but fed none the less.

So on Wednesday (3/20) I slit the mouse in hopes of avoiding any refusal and the feeding was much more agressive. HOWEVER, he did eat it butt end first on 3/20 which he did not do on 3/13. Not sure how that might play in but I have never heard of it causing issues...

When did he last shed? Could he be starting to go blue? I have a few that eat butt-first and haven't had an issue with it.

Thanks for the reply.

Hes a normal and no signs of going blue thus far. I have had him a hair over two weeks now and have not experienced a shed from him. Keep in mind hes not a baby either. Breeder said around a year and a half old, maybe as much as two years old.

Some snakes are really sensitive when going in blue. They can regurge before even showing signs of dulling or their eyes clouding.

I suppose its a possibility although I have never personally experienced that level of sensativity. I guess we will know in a week (per protocol) if the little fella starts to show...

Thanks for the reply.

I also have a couple that are really sensitive to change/sheds. One of my adults if you feed him even a week before going blue he'll regurge. So we just keep an eye on him, and if it seems 'about time' for a shed, his feed gets skipped. He's a good size so I don't worry about missing a few feeds.

Back