PDA

View Full Version : no sign of shedding?

no sign of shedding?

thejamiemarie
03-25-2013, 03:05 AM
well I posted here before about my snake Persephone. Since I posted she has settled in well. She is so easy to handle, eats like a champ (I do have to wiggle it in front of her though) and is having normal bowel movements (the first of which was right onto my arm bleck!), but I have had her 6 weeks now and she has yet to shed.

The petstore was only feeding her every other week so I doubt she was growing much in their care, but she has had 4 successful meals with me and no signs of shedding. Should I be worried?

thejamiemarie
03-25-2013, 03:08 AM
Just realized I should probably post tank information. Warm side of the tank is 87, cool side is 70, air is about 75. The humidity is usually at 50%.

Nythain
03-25-2013, 03:16 AM
She'll shed when she needs to. You shouldn't worry, it will happen when it's time, even if the humidity is poor (worst case scenario just a bad shed), but your humidity is good. Some young ones can go 12+ weeks without shedding, others seem like they shed after each meal. It's really up to the snake, but it can't fight biology.

yojoe05
03-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Like Nythian said just give it time. Our just reached 7 months old and she's taking longer between sheds now than she was. Up until 5 months she was having a shed every month on the dot and now its about every month and a half. She just shed mid February so I'm not expecting anything for at least another week maybe. It just depends on how quick she's growing on when she'll shed again next. As long as everything is being kept within good range it'll happen when she's ready so don't worry to much.

WestCoast_Redneck
03-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Yup, I posted about this very same question not too long ago. I got all the reassurance, and sure enough....She shed when she was ready, 2 months after we brought her home.

Your humidity is great, I was worried because ours was so low as it's super dry here over winter. The humid hide worked wonders for me, my snake shed a perfectly intact skin.