• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

8 month old on feeding strike.. Happy ending!

Justine66

Cuddling with Colubrids<3
Hey all, :)

I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks because my internet bill got a little out of hand. aha! I'm back though!

ANYWAYS! While the internet was off I of course had to run into my first feeding problem.. Sirius was due for a shed so he hadn't eaten for a little under two weeks. Which is normal, He finally had his shed on March,19th and it was a really bad shed, the worst he's had yet, but that's because he didn't want to use his moist hide this month for some reason. Anyways, after I put him in a bin with a moist towel it all came off and he was fine, I then put him into his feeding bin as I usually do and went and got him a fuzzy. I offered it to him and he ignored it...

It made no sense to me, as he always eats after his shed without any issues.
But not this time. I decided to give him a week and tried 2 pinky's he ate them right up! :D I was sooo happy! as it was getting to be almost 3 weeks since his last feeding and his still young to me.. :eek: But I watched his weight and he didn't lose anything the whole time, and was drinking regularly so I tried not to worry.

But today! I just feel like a weight has lifted off of my shoulders, I'm sorry to go on about this but I was really starting to worry myself!

I happy it ended on a good note! :)

Glad he ate! I can understand that weight. I tend to get a little worried for Plissken when he refuses, so I'm usually jumping up and down and telling everyone in the house HE ATE! when he finally does.

yeah my boy wasn't active or anything he just slept under his bark, and wouldn't eat.. I was starting to get a little worried so I was so happy when he ate the pinkies.

And on this past sat, He ate his very first Hopper! I was soo proud of him! :)
I'm just happy he's doing better!

Thanks for the responses guys!

Back