PDA

View Full Version : One day digestion? Should I worry?

One day digestion? Should I worry?

Nythain
04-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Fed little Plissken yesterday. Since the large pinky I fed him last time seemed a little too large too soon (he kept it down, but had me worried for 3 days), he got a medium sized pinky this time around. Well, tonight (26 hours later) I happened to glance over, and noticed the little fella was unusually active and not curled up in his warm hide like normal. After watching him get a drink I noticed he didn't have a visible bulge anymore. He also "yawned", which has me a little worried (atm I'm chalking it up to a "post drink mouth clearing"). I immediately freaked out and started inspecting his cage and found 2 poops. One was already dry and very standard baby poop looking (dry, black and white powder like bird poop), probably from earlier today. The other was still very wet and fresh. At first I thought the wet one might have been a regurge, but it looks more poop like (dark and slimy with whitish globules) than half digested rodent like. Also, both poops were in his normal poop spot.

So my current worry is, could this be a sign of a parasite infection? Would a day old regurge be so unrecognizable to be confused with a poop? Or could this just be a rapid digestion because his meal was smaller than last time?

Nythain
04-17-2013, 10:03 PM
A few horrible cell phone pictures of the concerning poop.

Pitbullgirl16
04-17-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm no expert but my girl digests that fast. She'll eat, crawl up in her tree to digest, and by that next morning/afternoon her lump is completely gone and she's out and about again. She's completely healthy, and eats like a champ. :) He may just be like mine and rapidly digest. My friend's does this too. Of course I'm about to bump mine up to two pinkies instead of one, as I'm not noticing hardly any kind of bump now when she eats just one.

Pitbullgirl16
04-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Forgot to mention, when she was on one pinkie and I noticed a big bump in her, she STILL digested that fast. Haha

Nythain
04-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks for helping ease my mind a little bit. Here's hoping he's just fast at doing his thing.

Pitbullgirl16
04-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Guess the little things just have fast digestive systems, because mine will do her 'business' one or two times within 25-30 hours of her eating. I hope your worry is eased, I'm sure your little guy is just fine! :)

Alicia P
04-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Looks like normal poop to me. I've never experienced a regurge, but everyone here says they smell like death, blech. Babies digest faster than adults, because they are growing and using the energy. That's why the Munson plan has young-un's eating every 4-5 days and adults stretching up to 2 weeks. Of course if you feed every 4 days there wouldn't be any handling time between feeds and that's no fun :laugh:

hypnoctopus
04-18-2013, 01:27 AM
Looks like regular poop to me.