PDA

View Full Version : snake hasn't pooped yet

snake hasn't pooped yet

cornonthelog
04-21-2013, 08:14 AM
I bought my corn snake Tuesday 4/16 the person from petco told me the last time they had fed them was Saturday 4/14 I fed my snake a pinkie on 4/18 and it is now Sunday 4/21 i looked through the tank i even checked if there was any buried in the substrate but nothing to be found should i be worried

JenniferDeGregory
04-21-2013, 10:02 PM
they like to poop in water sometimes...i handle mine for about 15 minutes...then let her slither into shallow water...and almost everytime, she'll hold still for a few minutes, and then "go"...so maybe try some warm water?

Justine66
04-21-2013, 11:48 PM
how old is the snake?

if its a hatchling, their poop is really tiny, I mean REALLY tiny, sometimes its only a smear..

that's why I kept Sirius on paper towels for the first 6 months I had him, until I felt comfortable with the size of his waste and me being able to find it..

it worked well for me!
I hope this helps some! :o

Amanda47
04-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Also, it's going to be really liquidy, so if you're using aspen or carefresh, most of it will be absorbed. All you'll be left with when it's dry is a dark smudge and a little white powder.

juliegarner
04-22-2013, 03:13 AM
I am do the same Justine i use paper towels for the first couple of months. You can spot it straight away then.

cornonthelog
04-22-2013, 09:01 PM
first of all i would like to thank everyone who took a moment to reply with answers/opinions i was getting a bit worried nobody would reply after a ton of views. i feel alot better knowing that its gonna be tiny which could have been those pieces of what i thought was bark at the time, it i just kinda figured it would be about half the size of its food

cornonthelog
04-22-2013, 09:15 PM
i should have checked before i posted a few minutes ago but i found some in the warm hide must have been last night. do they always use the same place or is it random just curious not that it matters

Guruofchem
04-22-2013, 09:49 PM
More likely around the edges of the tank, since that is where they tend to crawl the most, but they do sometimes settle on a spot - usually their water bowl...

Nythain
04-23-2013, 03:27 AM
i should have checked before i posted a few minutes ago but i found some in the warm hide must have been last night. do they always use the same place or is it random just curious not that it matters

My little Plissken poops in the same place all the time. The front left corner of his viv. Not sure why. I actually made a thread discussing Plisskens behavioral patterns, hide preferences for different purposes, poop location preference, etc.

juliegarner
04-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Angel tends to poop all the way around the edge of her viv but Sassy tends to go along the left side and preferably under the plant. Do you think she is embarrassed about doing it in public lol xx

cornonthelog
04-23-2013, 06:31 PM
haha well hopefully if it does decide to use the water bowl he or she will decide to hydrate first until i clean the water bowl and refill it