PDA

View Full Version : cedar chips, what to expect

cedar chips, what to expect

Chromatic Corns
04-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Found a female corn I was set to purchase but then found out she's been kept for at least 2 yrs on cedar shavings :( I'm worried for her lungs. Wanted opinions before I purchase.
Thank you

BloodyBaroness
04-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Don't buy her, unless you have the money on hand to pay possible vet bills.

Cedar can burn the lungs resulting is respiratory issues and general overall poor health. Those oils are really foul for snakes.

Chromatic Corns
04-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Such a shame because she is beautiful but I'm not sure I want to take that chance.

BloodyBaroness
04-21-2013, 04:45 PM
I've got a rescue snake (she was given to me) that was kept on cedar. She breathes funny and is prone nasal discharge. She is good pet, but will never be bred. If she gets stressed, her breathing is very shallow and raspy.

smigon
04-22-2013, 03:40 AM
Found a female corn I was set to purchase but then found out she's been kept for at least 2 yrs on cedar shavings :( I'm worried for her lungs. Wanted opinions before I purchase.
Thank you

Where were you going to buy her from? Please inform the owner about the danger of cedar shavings, hopefully she will be okay!

I would stay away from purchasing her, I agree with the others, unless you are prepared to have some vet bills and long-term health problems.

There are many great breeders on this forum, so check them out, you may found one you fall in love with here!

Good luck, and good question.