PDA

View Full Version : Injury- vetricyn treatment

Injury- vetricyn treatment

TwinBlades
04-21-2013, 07:08 PM
my hatchling snake was recently injured when he encountered adhesive along the lid of his tank. I will be posting his progress here.
he was carefully removed from the adhesive with soapy water, but his struggles prior to being found had damaged his skin. he was washed in purified water and treated with vetricyn wound spray. his tank was completely scrubbed and sanitized. he is now living on paper towels with paper hides until his wound heals. :crying:

airenlow
04-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Get well soon little dude!

http://www.zilla-rules.com/products/critter-cages.htm

RoseRed
04-21-2013, 08:04 PM
I hope he gets better soon.

Justine66
04-21-2013, 09:34 PM
oh goodness! :(

poor Guy, I'm sure that hell recover eventually.. as corns are pretty amazing creatures that way!
keep it nice and clean and dry and it should heal over time.
but even still, I'm sending good wishes your way!
good luck!

TwinBlades
04-22-2013, 08:58 AM
thank you guys so much for all the well wishes, I will pass them on to Puck. he behaves as though nothing has happened. if he was a larger snake I would have taken him to the vet, but there's not much they can do for something so small.
his tank have been triple checked for any more residual adhesive from securing his lid, but it turns out he found the only spot in the entire tank. murphy's law I suppose.

rrowdy
04-27-2013, 12:08 AM
As Justine stated, These guys are pretty resilient and I would expect that after a few sheds, He'll be good as new.
I seen worse injuries on WC snakes (Non Corns) that looked worse and after some time they came out fine.

Good luck to you!

Guruofchem
04-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Scaleless the hard way...:awcrap::awcrap:

Hoping he is OK- which I think there is a good chance of...

hypnoctopus
04-27-2013, 01:30 AM
Ooh, that looks rough. I bet he'll be better in several sheds, though. Keep us updated!

Chromatic Corns
04-29-2013, 03:43 PM
poor baby, looks like a nice scrape but I'm sure he'll recover just fine. It doesn't look too red or inflammed or anything.