• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cloaca question

forestwolfie

Hi guys - I haven't posted in a while, things have been great for my snake so far but I noticed something after Anasni's shed that made me want to post this question. Is it normal after a shed or when a little stressed out to have the cloaco opening a little red and seems like it's 'puffing' up/inflamed a little -- or is this a sign of infection? This is my first reptile so just wanna check with you fine people -- a vet would just tell me to bring it in and I don't wanna spend 40 bucks for an office visit just to be told its normal.. plus the stress of the vet trip.. Otherwise my king is almost 2.5 feet.. need to do a full measure/weight check when he's not so stressed. (if it makes a difference I don't really know if it's male or female yet)

Thanks

May have just been me being a little paranoid and an incomplete shed. I noticed pretty much from the colaca down the skin hadn't come off, got it wet with a warm wash cloth and came out.

Back