PDA

View Full Version : A little bird help maybe?

A little bird help maybe?

Neumann
07-06-2004, 12:09 AM
My daughter is watching a mated pair of Ringneck Doves this summer. The female laid an egg and we let her sit on on the egg for an /extended/ amount of time but it didn't hatch so we removed the egg and nesting box. It was a warm, sunny day so we also misted them in the sun for a few minutes which they seemed to enjoy. We've now notice (a week later) that the female seems quite thin and has some 'feathers missing on the base of her beak'. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? Normal post egg laying feather loss perhaps? She otherwise seems normal. We've been poking around on google but haven't found anything yet. Thanks.

surfrkidTS
07-06-2004, 01:32 AM
:-offtopic just kidding... if i were you i would try taking her to a local vet. I don't know what is wrong but it doesn't sound normal :shrugs:

babbaloo99
07-06-2004, 11:27 AM
There is a really good bird forum at www.birds.com I am sure you can find out there. There are a lot of really nice folks that are extremely knowledgable and respond quickly. They helped me id a threatened australian parakeet that I have very quickly. Good luck!

Neumann
07-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Thank you both for the replies. We'll checkout the bird forum and see what happens.

Cheers,
Jason