PDA

View Full Version : Onyx in blue for like 6 days?

Onyx in blue for like 6 days?

Sekani
05-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Hey guys! So the past few times onyx shed I haven't kept as good an eye on him as this time but I noticed this time his eyes have been blue since friday and its wednesday morning now and his eyes are still greyish-blue.
I waited to feed him as well he was due to be fed after his eyes went blue ( I know a lot of people wait till after they shed but he has always taken his mouse then and he would usually shed not long after that. ) But he was meant to be fed on sunday and now its wednesday so will I just feed him? His eyes have been blue for 6 days, is this a long time?
I checked the humidity and it was 89% on the cold side
Thanks in advance!

Nanci
05-01-2013, 08:32 AM
I strongly recommend waiting till after he sheds. Think about it. If he was out in the wild, would he be out hunting when he was blue? Nope. The shed cycle runs about 10-12 days. It's fine to just hold off feeding until he sheds, and then feed on his next scheduled day.

Sekani
05-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Would they not even hunt after they're blue those few days before shedding? Thats when I usually feed him. But I do understand if its not something they'd normally do, I just figure he gets hungry if I wait too long ya know...
So he's due to be fed friday, if he hasnt shed by then will I still wait until after that?
Thanks Nanci!