PDA

View Full Version : Lump on Wallace

Lump on Wallace

AliCat37
05-02-2013, 12:20 AM
I had Wallace out for a few minutes tonight and I noticed he has a lump (and what looks like more may be developing). I'll admit this is the first time I noticed them, but I know they were not there before. The one I noticed looks almost as if he got a small sub q injection. It's beneath the skin, but on top of the ribs on his side. It feels a little hard. My initial thought is that it may be fat lumps developing. Only problem with my theory is that Wallace isn't fat. At all. He actually has one of the nicer body shapes of my corns. He only gets fed every fourteen days, he is a 2010 or early 2011.
I did manage to take a picture, however, I am not particularly savvy with my smart phone and can't figure out how to downsize the picture to upload it. I may have to go through with my computer tomorrow.
I was hoping some of you may have some insight to this, I looked through past threads and didn't really see any that were similar. My plan is to keep a close watch on him and the lump, and see if it goes away/ gets worse. I finally found an awesome reptile vet out here and am more than happy to take him to the vet if it warrants the trip.

AliCat37
05-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Here's a picture. It's hard to see, but REALLY obvious in person. I got him out last night and looked him over and there are 5-7 of them, both sides, about 2/3rds down on his body. This is the biggest one.

Chromatic Corns
05-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Intermediate skin worms? Not sure how he would have gotten them. My first thought was actually tumors. I'd take him to vet to have them aspirated.

AliCat37
05-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Ick worms also crossed my mind. He only has one new thing in his tub, it's a large industrial paper towel like tube. So if that's what they may be that would be my thought. I'll let a few more folks chime in, but I really like the vet I found and have been taking a lot of my critters to see him! Haha. I'd rather it be some gross worm than tumors :( he's only 2.

Chromatic Corns
05-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Keep us updated if you take him in and I hope for the best

Myca
05-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Ick worms? Ugh. What are those and how do we avoid them?

AliCat37
05-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Does NO ONE else have any input??? This has to have happened to someone else. :(

dave partington
05-04-2013, 10:03 PM
When Orlando was here last year he found a couple odd lumps on one of my snakes, but after 2 sheds they just went away. They were like soft fatty deposits. Since he (Orlando) is a vet with an impressive inventory of snakes, and mentioned it wasn't anything to be concerned with, I didn't concern myself with it. They were mushy kind of, not hard tumor lumps. It just went away. So yes, it has happened to one snake here one time, but I don't know if whatever is going on with yours is the same thing. And the snake here wasn't fat, just a 2011 vanishing pattern juvie. :shrugs: