PDA

View Full Version : Adult corn refusing to eat

Adult corn refusing to eat

wmdude102086
05-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Hi everybody,

I have had my corn for 6 years now, and about 5 weeks ago a friend of mine who also owns snakes fed her for me while I was on vacation for a few weeks. He had surplus pinkie mice, and fed her live pinkies....dont ask. But now that I am back to trying to feed frozen adult mice she is not eating, and I even tried live mice and still no go. Has anyone experienced this problem before? She is acting scared of the mice. I have never had an issue with feeding, and she shed about 2 weeks ago-the only time I have ever had issues.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cory

kc261
05-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Any chance this friend fed her a live adult mouse and it didn't go well and now your snake is scared of her food? That's the first thing that came to mind.

Whether that is the reason or it is something else, an otherwise healthy adult corn refusing food for a month or so is nothing to worry about. If you see other symptoms or if it goes on long enough the snake starts to lose weight is when I would begin to worry.

palmiro
05-08-2013, 03:40 PM
i have the same problem. im having a corn from 2 years now and he never skipped a meal. i moved apartment some weeks and had to let my corn to a friend's house for 3 weeks and that's when feeding problems started.

i first gave him a BIG rat (big for what he was used to until that moment). he tried to eat it first but then let it go. i left it overnight and the next morning the rat was gone.
next meal was a smaller prey and he didnt eat it.
next was a small mice, and ate it.. but like he was doing me a favour.
now im back on bigger mice but he's not eating from two weeks now.. and as wmdude102086's snake, he SCARED of its prey.
what should i do?
the snake is healthy, he's moving a lot (so i'm guessing he's spending quite some energy) and does not have any other health issues. he just got through some moving (twice in 3 weeks) and now he's settled in my new home and it's been 2 weeks.