PDA

View Full Version : flagellates

flagellates

juliekyle
05-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Worried. Do not know what could causing her to be stressed? Heat end and cool end, humidity, three places to hide, not what is upsetting her.:confused::eek:

hypnoctopus
05-16-2013, 08:10 PM
How do you know she is stressed? Are you sure 'she' is not a he?

juliekyle
05-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Yes. Went to vet. She hasn't eaten. Stool sample showed she has the parasites and vet says it is due to stress. For three years, she has been great. I am worried. I waited as long as I did because it was Spring and, yes, I thought maybe I had mistaken the sex and HE was looking for a mate. Now I feel bad I waited. It was confirmed that it is a girl, has flagellates. Vet gave medicine and suggested I try fresh kill, since she was refusing frozen/thaw. Worried, because I have prided myself on taking such responsible care of her.

kc261
05-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Hmm. Not sure flagellates can appear out of nowhere due to stress.

juliekyle
05-17-2013, 06:39 PM
I am probably obsessing too much over all this. Just want to set it all right, since I care a lot for this snake. Thanks.

RoseRed
05-17-2013, 06:43 PM
I've never heard of the cause of parasites being stressed, but then again I've only had snakes since last August.... There's not anything I can do in terms of advice, but I hope she gets better.

juliekyle
05-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Apparently, there can be a small number present with no ill effects. But will increase under stress. I return in two weeks to the vet. I probably missed part of the explanation. I will ask more questions. Thank you.