PDA

View Full Version : Is this regurg?

Is this regurg?

newsnakeowner1978
05-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi, I just noticed my new snake had a small amount of brown substance in his tank. It was around his mouth like he was playing with it but im not sure if it came from his mouth or not. I think it did but not sure. Thing is he had his last meal on monday. So its been 6 days. and it was only a small amoumt of brown goo. He pooped yesterday and today. His next feeding is tomorrow. Should i go ahead a feed or wait the recommended 8 - 10 days?

codymi
05-19-2013, 01:30 PM
does it smell like death? like really, really bad?

newsnakeowner1978
05-19-2013, 01:45 PM
does it smell like death? like really, really bad?

it smelled bad but his poop smells really bad to lol. so this is why im not sure. but when i looked in at him i seen he was like rolling his face in it. didnt see it come from his mouth just looked like he was playing with it. and its been 6 days since he was fed. and it was only a small amount.

codymi
05-19-2013, 02:43 PM
if it's been six days, it's probably just poop and it's coincidence that it was near his face. once you've smelled a regurge you'll know it. just to be on the safe side you may want to wait a full ten days before feeding again and use some nutri-bac on a much smaller meal than you normally feed. and then follow the regurge procedure.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

newsnakeowner1978
05-19-2013, 04:16 PM
if it's been six days, it's probably just poop and it's coincidence that it was near his face. once you've smelled a regurge you'll know it. just to be on the safe side you may want to wait a full ten days before feeding again and use some nutri-bac on a much smaller meal than you normally feed. and then follow the regurge procedure.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

yea i will def wait the 10 days just to be on safe side tks. and as for nutri bac i dont have any (just bout this snake few days ago) and pet store dont have any. gonna buy some online to have on hand though. it is a 2 yr old king snake. i know this is cornsnake forum but i use to have cornsnake and be on this site so i wanted to stick with this site. what size of a mouse should i feed him on his next feeding? S/he is on 1 adult mouse every 7 days now.

codymi
05-19-2013, 04:24 PM
smallish fuzzy

newsnakeowner1978
05-19-2013, 04:36 PM
smallish fuzzy

k tks. the nearest petstore is over a hr from me so should i buy few to feed him fuzzies next 2 feedings? or is one enough then go bk to adult after that feeding?

Alicia P
05-19-2013, 06:27 PM
If the pet store lets you pick and choose what mousicles you want, I would get a reg sized fuzzie for the next meal. Then pick 2-3 hoppers for the next few meals after the fuzzie. You want to vary the sizes so you can gradually move him back to adult size mice.

newsnakeowner1978
05-26-2013, 03:38 PM
is it normal for a snake to poop like 6 times even after a regurg? its been a wk today since my snake "regurged". still not sure if it was but he pooped like 6 times since then. i have to clean his tank every day since he regurged.

codymi
05-26-2013, 04:03 PM
if there was anything left in the intestinal tract then yes

Chromatic Corns
05-27-2013, 10:25 AM
How does you snake appear otherwise? Are the poops solid or mostly liquid? While it can be norm, if he's going everyday and this snake is new to you, I'd want to rule out health issues.