PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a scab...

Looks like a scab...

Shiverdam
06-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Benji just ate today and the instant I placed him back in his home, he started to shed. Afterward I noticed a little red spot on his head where a "retained scale" used to be.

For the past several sheds, Benji's kept what looked to be a scale on the top of his head. I kept waiting for it to come off every shed, but it never did, and every time I checked the shed, it was complete. No missing head scale.
This time, however, it came off. But it when I checked the shed, the spot where it used to be was red like a bloody scab. I looked at Benji's head and it now looks more like a healing scar. I have no pictures right now as my camera's dead, but the battery is charging and I'll get some photos up ASAP.

He's not acting out of the ordinary, so I hope it's not hurting him.

Shiverdam
06-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Here's how it looks on the shed. Benji's nestled into his moss box now and has shoved his face underneath it, so I can't get any pictures of his head at the moment.

Here it is from the outside.
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/Thriller_Wolf/DSC01688_zps3488a890.jpg

And from the inside.
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/Thriller_Wolf/DSC01687_zps1aca0359.jpg

beautifullywild77
06-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Looks like a scab to me!

Shiverdam
06-06-2013, 07:43 PM
I just hope it's not anything serious! I wonder how he got it. Is there anything I need to do for the wound?

beautifullywild77
06-06-2013, 07:48 PM
It could be anything. I would go through his viv and see if there is anything that could of scraped him including the screen top. He could of rubbed it raw causing a scab. Looks like it is healing. Pictures of the wound or spot on his head would help for more info. If you are really worried, you can always go to the vet to relieve your worries.

Umm do you feed live by any chance?

Shiverdam
06-06-2013, 07:49 PM
It could be anything. I would go through his viv and see if there is anything that could of scraped him including the screen top. He could of rubbed it raw causing a scab. Looks like it is healing. Pictures of the wound or spot on his head would help for more info. If you are really worried, you can always go to the vet to relieve your worries.

Umm do you feed live by any chance?

I've never fed live, so a mouse bite is out of the question. I'll try and get on getting a picture of his head.

Shiverdam
06-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Here he is. It's the little red dot on his head. I had looked closer at it earlier and it's not bloody or anything.

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/Thriller_Wolf/DSC01693_zpsa70dba22.jpg

beautifullywild77
06-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Hmmm... it looks like it is healing! You can put some Neosporin without pain meds on it to help.

Shiverdam
06-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks for your help! Will it ever heal back to his regular scaleyness or will it be off-color forever?

beautifullywild77
06-07-2013, 10:09 AM
You might see a scar for a while.. not sure.. It might get less noticeable as time goes on!