PDA

View Full Version : What is Pumpkin?

What is Pumpkin?

mom2pumpkin
06-25-2002, 11:37 PM
Hi All,
I'm new here as I have only got my Pumpkin 3 days ago but I am having a problem as I can't really tell what kind of corn she/he looks most like.I know she/he has the albino red eyes but that is about all I know about our Pumpkin.So if anyone has an ideas about our little Pumpkin please let me know.Thanks in Advance.

st3v3
06-25-2002, 11:58 PM
my guess would be normal or reverse okeetee. Don;t worry there are ppl here with MUCH MUCH more knowledge than me and are much better at identifying snakes than I am so you should have a definitive answer shortly.

Nice looking snake u got there :)

SilverTongue
06-25-2002, 11:59 PM
it looks like a Reverse Okeetee Corn Snake to me

Peter
06-26-2002, 12:05 AM
Looks like an amel, plain and simple. I wouldn't say reverse okeetee because, at least to me, it doesn't seem to have very distinct white borders. Last summer I hatched out 14 amels and they look more or less like that one and the parents were amels and normals.

pdrau
06-26-2002, 12:08 AM
Looks like an amel to me. For those of you posting that it looks like a reverse oketee, do reverse oketees have red eyes?

Peter

Serpwidgets
06-26-2002, 01:16 AM
(I say pink because normals have orange eyes and some individuals of certain morphs (ghosts and lavenders I believe) have ruby red eyes.:))

All reverse Okeetees are amelanistic. They are named as such because Okeetees are known (among other things) for their thick black borders and bright orange background color. A Reverse Okeetee has a bright orange background and thick white borders.

Pumpkin is obviously amelanistic, but IMO it doesn't have a bright/solid enough orange background to be called a Reverse Okeetee.

Jr Nimeskern
06-26-2002, 01:35 AM
Def a Amel... like everyone else says that the reverse ok... has large white borders...

mom2pumpkin
06-26-2002, 02:10 AM
Thank you all for your fast replies.I was thinking she/he was an Amel but since Pumpkin is my first I didn't want to guess wrong.I had been meaning to take Pumpkin over to this man Tim Curran who has a shop about 5 mins. from me but this week has turned out to busy here with my youngest son's surgery Thursday haven't found the time to get over there yet.Maybe when hubby and I go for Pumpkin's pinkies I'll take her a long for the ride.Again thanks everyone.