PDA

View Full Version : What does regurge look like?

What does regurge look like?

Mospidey
06-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Last week I put him in his feeding box to eat and walked away for a min or two when I came back there was a small white slimy substance in the corner that smelled rank just awful. I took him out and cleaned it and fed him he ate fine like any other feeding. Then yesterday my wife said look what he did in the water bowl same substance and god awful smell. Is this regurge? Are there any pics of what a regurge will look like? This happened yesterday and I feed on Saturdays? He's on fuzzies he weighs 24 grams hot side 85-90 using zilla round thermometer all the way at the bottom of tank stuck to back of terrarium cold side 65-75 same type thermometer. Using 75 watt halogen red light heat source no uth. I went and got small fuzzies for feeding today, put him in his feeding tank and instant hunt mode ready to go very active he definitely knows this tank means mice. I was feeding f/t but bought very small fuzzies this time and did live. Man the response was insane he's never coiled and I mean wicked hit and instan coil. Kinda freaked me out he ate 2 no problem I'm watching him close right now and he is out an about where normally he hides after going back into enclosure. He is way more active this time after live. He's 4 months old and was fed live at the pet store any thoughts or pix of regurge would help me a lot thank you

beautifullywild77
06-22-2013, 07:09 PM
If you think he regurged I definitely wouldn't be feeding him doubles. They have a higher chance of regurge with doubles.

When you say "god awful smell" does that mean?

Regurges smell like rotting corpse or flesh. It is an unmistakable smell. Regurges typically are flesh or skin color with black or rotting flesh color. Like this...
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m272/ladymopar24/regure.jpg

Also, just fyi, live feeding doesn't go over too well here. Many people are opposed to it. If you use the search feature on the forum, you will find many threads on the topic.

Personally, if your snake will readily take f/t, I do not see a reason to feed live. I know Clark's feds live out of convenience but recommend to customers to feed f/t. There is more risk in feeding live, from injury to your snake to passing along parasite infestation.

Justine66
06-22-2013, 07:16 PM
I would also recomend investing in a couple of probe thermometers, those round dial type one's that you describe can be up to 20 degrees off sometimes.. just an FYI

Mospidey
06-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Ok no it didn't look like that, like almost made me throw up smelled rank rotten. But looked like loose poop. And in his water bowl it was tube like i should have taken a picture. I didn't like the live way but wanted to see

Mospidey
06-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Wanted to see if he would take it sorry it was not fun at all I hit submit by accident I will be moving back to frozen thawed

beautifullywild77
06-22-2013, 07:33 PM
When you start feeding prey with fur, you will get different looking poo than you are use to. It also smells differently. Sometimes the poo with look like entrails.