PDA

View Full Version : 4 non feeders

4 non feeders

Jillian
06-23-2013, 08:11 PM
I had babies hatch back at the end of April, there are 8 feeders and 4 that just won't eat. I've tried a couple different things but nothing is working yet. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get these 4 to eat that would be great. Thanks so much!!!

Alicia P
06-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Try putting them in the smallest deli they will fit in, or a paper bag. Thaw your pinks and then dunk them in boiling water till they go all pale and look rubbery, 30-45 seconds usually will do it. Immediately put the hot pinks in the deli or bag with the baby. Cover the container with a dish towel (or a pillow if the house is noisy) and walk away, no peekies for at least 30 mins, an hour would be better. Also try feeding really early in the morning or later in the evening when they would naturally be most active.

Jillian
06-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Yeah that is what I have been doing. Those were my tricks. They are currently sitting in paper bags. I'm hoping it's just a matter of time. It's warm enough here and the humidity is no problem. I generally feed them around 7:30 at night. Hopefully they just want a bit more time.