PDA

View Full Version : Boiled Pinkie

Boiled Pinkie

buckmaster299
07-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Just wanted to say thanks everyone. I was digging around on here and seen the boiled pinkie in a deli cup trick for feeding a stubborn one. Worked like a charm. :) Now i do have a question, how long before she starts to eat them normally like my other snake does. By normally i mean without being covered in the deli cup...

Nanci
07-09-2013, 05:31 AM
I would feed her another boiled, exact same way. Then a just very hot. Then uncover her, but don't stare at her. Maybe just partially uncover her. Then feed her with the lid on, but uncovered.

buckmaster299
07-09-2013, 06:31 AM
So just slowly work her into being exposed so to speak while eating... thanks for the information.

Nanci
07-09-2013, 07:05 AM
When I'm feeding a bunch of babies, there will always be one or two who won't eat unless they are covered. I feed on my bed because I have room to put out all the delis, and the hatchling racks are in my bedroom. So the covered babies go under pillows! And then I just gradually ease them out till they are more and more exposed. Some babies will eat uncovered, but really freak out and rattle and strike if they see a person moving about, so they get fed uncovered, but up out of the way where they don't see me.

The general routine for new babies, though, is- covered and slit, uncovered and slit, uncovered and not slit as a test to make sure they will just eat, then back to prey always slit until they are on adults. So they are assumed to be "good" feeders, until proven otherwise, and go straight to uncovered on their second feed, unless it took a particularly long time to take the first feeding.

Nanci
07-09-2013, 07:05 AM
When I'm feeding a bunch of babies, there will always be one or two who won't eat unless they are covered. I feed on my bed because I have room to put out all the delis, and the hatchling racks are in my bedroom. So the covered babies go under pillows! And then I just gradually ease them out till they are more and more exposed. Some babies will eat uncovered, but really freak out and rattle and strike if they see a person moving about, so they get fed uncovered, but up out of the way where they don't see me.

The general routine for new babies, though, is- covered and slit, uncovered and slit, uncovered and not slit as a test to make sure they will just eat, then back to prey always slit until they are on adults. So they are assumed to be "good" feeders, until proven otherwise, and go straight to uncovered on their second feed, unless it took a particularly long time to take the first feeding.