PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noises?!

Clicking noises?!

BSLMichael
07-09-2013, 11:47 PM
So... Nimue My 0.1 Terrazzo is in shed. I picked her up and was holding her alittle while I changed her bedding and noticed clicking or light poping noises coming from her every now and then.

I thought It could be URI but nothing discribed matches what I am hearing. She has no other symptoms. She ate about 3 days ago just before going blue and temps look good. its about 89 on her warm side (she seems like Like it hotter than my other corns so I let it run alittle hot to make her happy) And hangs out there most the time like normal.

Her cold side is 77.

Any Ideas?

ghosthousecorns
07-09-2013, 11:52 PM
I have a female that does the same thing every time she is in blue- and happens to be a rosy rat het terrazzo, and her son from the same line does it too. I've heard a couple of my other snakes click while blue but not as loud as the rosy rats do . It's a shed thing. I'd only worry if she still does it after shedding.

BSLMichael
07-09-2013, 11:54 PM
I have a female that does the same thing every time she is in blue- and happens to be a rosy rat het terrazzo, and her son from the same line does it too. I've heard a couple of my other snakes click while blue but not as loud as the rosy rats do . It's a shed thing. I'd only worry if she still does it after shedding.

Thanks! It's the first time I've noticed it. I usually leave her alone while she is sheding but she is so friendly That I was confident enough to bug her alittle this time.

Very interesting.

hypnoctopus
07-10-2013, 12:47 AM
One of mine does that before and during blue. He also will puff, but both symptoms go away after he sheds.

DragonsDenSerpents
07-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Flynn does that every time he goes blue; it made me really nervous when I first heard him do it! I also have a very sneezey snake in Cayenne, but she's been checked for URI three times now. We finally figured out that she didn't like the new aspen I had been using, as the sneezing got worse when I would change out her bedding.

Wamba681
07-11-2013, 11:16 PM
A couple of my snakes also click, puff, and also whistle! when they're deep in blue. Once they shed, completely cleared up. Never seen anything lingering with that at all.