PDA

View Full Version : Shedding issue

Shedding issue

PSbestiel
07-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Recently my little corn went threw her first shed but it did not come off as one piece as is the norm. I made sure to stop handling her once she went into blue and sprayed her habitat to provide humidity but the shed ended up coming off in pieces; what should I do to help her shed appropriately next time? Also, it seems she has a small bit of stuck shed, is there a way I can remove this without handling her as she recently ate?

PSbestiel
07-14-2013, 01:37 AM
Sorry I dont know how to edit posts!

I didnt mean she has stuck shed, I mean theres a little bit of shed hanging off in a part that she's already done shedding

hypnoctopus
07-14-2013, 02:15 AM
If you have a small tupperware container, you can put her in it with a wet (room temp water) paper towel and she should work the little bit of shed off by herself.

My snakes generally have fine sheds, and I don't usually do anything special for them, but the next time you see her go into blue, you could try making her a moist hide filled with damp paper towel or damp moss.

hypnoctopus
07-14-2013, 02:17 AM
... is there a way I can remove this without handling her as she recently ate?

Sorry, I missed this part. How recently did she eat? If it's been two or more days after she ate, you can help her. But if she hasn't finished digesting yet, she'll be fine with a little shed on her until she's finished digesting.

PSbestiel
07-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Thank you, i'll try the container with wet paper. She ate the same day she shed so it's good to hear the pieces of shed shouldn't bother her ^-^