PDA

View Full Version : miami banded

miami banded

chausies
07-12-2004, 11:12 PM
I saw pics of your "milk snake phase" and "banded" corns mixed in with your miami and crimsons. This phase is not on your price list, do you sell them and how much are they? If you charge the same as for your other miami and crimson then how do I order a pair of the banded/milk snake phase types (not interested in the albino ones.)

Also, on the ghost corns... some appear to be much more colorful than others. Does it depend on gender or is it random? Can you tell when they are hatchlings at all which ones will be more colorful later? The same goes for the pastel motleys.

Are you planning to go to any other shows this year? I thought that you were going to be at the FIRE show.... I had my son and husband with me so I did not have much of any opportunity to just walk around, but were all of the vender booths in one room? I get the feeling that I missed out on a lot there. I picked up a snake that I had reserved previously, but I did not think that the room I was in looked like 275 booths.

Rich Z
07-13-2004, 12:54 AM
I saw pics of your "milk snake phase" and "banded" corns mixed in with your miami and crimsons. This phase is not on your price list, do you sell them and how much are they? If you charge the same as for your other miami and crimson then how do I order a pair of the banded/milk snake phase types (not interested in the albino ones.).

Sorry, but no, I don't specifically produce those animals. Most of what I now call "Miami Phase" is what I used to call "Milk Snake Phase" years ago. Selective breeding has had an effect on that line. The banded look was not predictable and sent me on many wild goose chases over the years. I have abandoned that project completely.

Also, on the ghost corns... some appear to be much more colorful than others. Does it depend on gender or is it random? Can you tell when they are hatchlings at all which ones will be more colorful later? The same goes for the pastel motleys..

No, it is not something very predictable. Matter of fact, it appears more commonly in the males than in the females, from my experience. And no, you cannot see that appearance in the babies at all, unfortunately. Actually I do have a few clutches of Pastel Motleys this year. Guess I didn't put them on my price list, though.... I guess they will be at Daytona Beach next month.

Are you planning to go to any other shows this year? I thought that you were going to be at the FIRE show.... I had my son and husband with me so I did not have much of any opportunity to just walk around, but were all of the vender booths in one room? I get the feeling that I missed out on a lot there. I picked up a snake that I had reserved previously, but I did not think that the room I was in looked like 275 booths.

We have Daytona Beach scheduled for next month. Yes we were at the F.I.R.E. show. I can't believe you didn't know about the other room and missed half of the show!

chausies
07-13-2004, 01:08 AM
I thought the show seemed a bit small, lol. I thought more about it after we left and decided to look up the website for the list of vendors and could not believe how long the list was vs what I got to see. I am so disappointed, but hubby wanted to go (he wanted to go to a dinner show while we were down there) and I got the snake I came for, plus 2 others. Of course, if I had known that there was another room I would have gone there, I really wanted to see all of the varieties of corns that I could. I guess there is always next year :(

Is Daytone gonna be anywhere near as big? I am waiting for a shipment of babies from you, and with the 3 I picked up at FIRE I don't think I need to buy anymore snakes right now so I probably won't go just to look, unless there is something else to do in Daytona that day to entice hubby.

Rich Z
07-13-2004, 01:14 AM
The Daytona Beach show is at least TWICE the size of F.I.R.E. It is the biggest reptile show in the world. Definitely worth going to by hook or by crook. This year we will have an endcap with 4 tables (230,231,268,269), located just about dead center in the room.

chausies
07-13-2004, 01:24 AM
In that case, I will look up Daytona to see what there is to catch hubbys attention. He gets bored with me going gagga over the snakes, he doesn't get it. I know if I go then I will want to spend money and buy a snake (to make it worth the trip ;) .) I still want some miamis from you, and I wanted to add them to my order, but it sounds like I am better off picking them out in person - if I get a pair of miamis I may as well try to get a pair with the milk snake phase trait if possible. I'll wait until I get exactly what I want since I have enough to appease me until then :) . Will you be bringing many babies to that show?

I guess with the pastel motley and ghosts it is better to wait for older ones to select color. I bought an adult ghost male at FIRE and he is very pretty, but still does not have as much color as some of the ghosts on your site. I also bought a very nice yearly aztec female that has a complete stripe down her back, and the one that I came down for, a yearling hypo stripe male. I can't wait until next month when I get my babies from you - it will be exciting to see how the lavenders and bloodreds develop, they seem to vary so much as adults.

Rich Z
07-13-2004, 10:00 AM
I guess it is too bad you didn't find my tables at the F.I.R.E. show, then. I had an excellent adult male pastel Ghost on sale there. I plan to surplus all of my Ghosts this year.

I will be bringing as much stuff as I can fit into the van to the Daytona show. I'm thinking about doing my corn snake display again, but that will take up a LOT of space that could be used for saleable animals. I have to fille up those four tables with SOMETHING!

fradine
07-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Rich,

Hello, my name is Fradine and I have this female motley that I purchased from Bill Gillingham. He didn't know what is was called but I bought her anyways because she is so awesome. I think she might be a amber or caramel motley. can you give me your e-mail so I can send it to you to view the pic of her. I can't seem to attach the pic on this forum.

Thanks In Advance,
Fradine

Rich Z
07-17-2004, 01:23 AM
Sure, use rich@serpenco.com