• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Order Question

Captain Kirk

I'm fixing to place my order, I'm looking at some of the 2004 hatchlings and trying to make a final decision. I'm just curious, I won't be using the coupon, is feeding guaranteed on the animals still? Also, can the animals be shipped to a business rather than a residence; as long as someone is their to sign for them :)? Thanks!

You know, I have often thought I should change my guarantee to specifically exclude feeding as a health issue, but never got around to doing that. It's actually a rather touchy subject, I think. Everyone would want their animals to feed for them, and I would as well if I received animals from someone else. But honestly, refusal to feed is really often a "snake psychology" problem, rather than a health problem. In most instances, a snake will stop eating because there is something in the change in enviroment that it doesn't like. Heck, I have had snakes stop feeding when I put a hide box in their cage. As soon as I would remove it, they would resume feeding. So imagine how it affects them being shipped to a completely new cage setup.

And I have had enough instances of snakes that were feeding fine before taking them to a show, that upon bringing them back home, they decided they were offended by my trying to sell them, and my punishment was for them to stop feeding until I figured out something to appease their hurt feelings. So they can definitely decide to stop feeding just because they decide they don't want to eat. It's kind of like having a toaster oven that doesn't want to work if you put it too close to the can opener, or if you use a certain brand of bread. It would certainly drive you crazy, but we go through this every year with our baby snakes.

But although I do feel that most problems with a snake refusing to eat are not related to health, I still do stand behind them and will replace any that expire from steadfastly refusing to feed. But I'm not sure exactly what is fair. If the snake feeds twice, then stops, should this be treated the same as a snake that never takes a meal after you have received it? Do I require that you make a decision on "pass" or "fail" within the 30 day guarantee period, or do I just make it open-ended? If it is open-ended, how long should that be for? If a snake feeds sporadically over a period of 6 months and then finally dies, should I be expected to cover that?

Like I said, I do need to address this, but I guess you can see how complicated this actually is if I would need to spell out every little detail. I guess I can say I would be fair about it, but I can see where a problem might arise where my sense of fairness might not match yours. So far I think mostly everyone I have dealt with has felt I have treated them fairly, but I am sure there are some people out there that may not think so. Let's just say that I am in this for the long haul and think that treating people fairly is the key to repeat business. So I do believe that you will be satisfied with doing business with me.

As for shipping to a business, yes, I do that quite frequently. Matter of fact, most shipping companies prefer shipping to a business address rather than a residence.

Did I cover all the bases?

Like I said, I do need to address this, but I guess you can see how complicated this actually is if I would need to spell out every little detail. I guess I can say I would be fair about it, but I can see where a problem might arise where my sense of fairness might not match yours. So far I think mostly everyone I have dealt with has felt I have treated them fairly, but I am sure there are some people out there that may not think so. Let's just say that I am in this for the long haul and think that treating people fairly is the key to repeat business. So I do believe that you will be satisfied with doing business with me.
Totally agree with you there. What I meant when I said not feeding was if the snake didn't eat at all, versus starting and then stopping.

As for shipping to a business, yes, I do that quite frequently. Matter of fact, most shipping companies prefer shipping to a business address rather than a residence.

Did I cover all the bases?
Excellent, thanks for the quick reply :cheers:.

Back