PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing this right?

Am I doing this right?

New2this<3
08-28-2013, 07:25 PM
So I got my baby girl 5 days ago so I decied to feed her.. I didn't want to handle her so I just fed her in her viv since I have her on paper towels, I turned the lights off and left the room. She did go into her hide when I opened the viv but she usually comes out right after I leave. Ifshe doesn't eat I should warm it up and put her and it in her deli in the viv over night correct? And I should cover the viv right? I have been looking up what to do but did I miss anything? Do I put the deli cup on the warm side?

New2this<3
08-28-2013, 07:59 PM
False alarm my baby girl ate.. I'm giving her some time to settle befor I take the paper plate out that I had the mouse on.

dave partington
08-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Let's wait til morning for the "what if she didn't eat" possibility.
Personally (and other people may do it a different way)--
I place the food item in a deli cup, in their enclosure.
After awhile they become conditioned/ used to- finding food in the deli.
Sometimes they even hang out in the deli cup, like "Where's the rest?"
Or after a few days and the last meal is, how do you say "spent"?-
they'll get back in the deli cup, and wait. Like, "get on with it Dave, stop wasting time on CS, I'm hungry".
After I place food in their vivs, I flip the lights off and leave the room, then run thru the baby stacks in the morning, checking to see who ate, who didn't, re-arranging the stacks to some sort of "order" (I like to tel myself) according to which fed willingly, which did not feed. And even then, maybe the individual has a slower metabolism, or their cornoscope said 'don't eat today and you'll get special treatment' or whatever...
But basically, overall, it seems you're doing it right.

dave partington
08-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Oh well, dang. Nevermind all that mess above. Crisis averted ;)

New2this<3
08-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Sorry dave I am a little paranoid. I just always like to be prepared even if it never happens. I have her in a five gallon which will eventually be her feeding bin and I plan on feeding her outside her viv next time.