PDA

View Full Version : Gettng older

Gettng older

Jillian
08-30-2013, 06:52 PM
I pulled out my female Amel today. Una, she is 22 and I've noticed that she's seems to be getting jittery I guess is the best way to explain it. She has jerk movements now. I'm just wondering if this is just a sign of old age or if there might be more going on than this.

It almost seems like a snake version of parkinsons to describe it best. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.

diamondlil
08-31-2013, 02:57 AM
I can't help, but just want to say 'wow'! 22 is such a good age, did you have her from a hatchling?

Jillian
08-31-2013, 11:59 AM
No I got her when she was just a bit over a year. My male, Baby, he died 3 years ago, he lived to be 23. That was devastating when he died I had him since he was a few months old and he was my very first snake.

Guess I'm doing something right, but I think I will be devastated when Una goes. I know at this point she's coming close to the end. And after taking her out and seeing her jittering like that it's so concerning.

diamondlil
08-31-2013, 02:31 PM
That is so lovely, I bet millions of corns get discarded after 2 or 3 years. To have them live out their (long) lives with one owner is really unusual. My sister had a neighbour with an old corn they'd had from bitey worm stage. I think he made it to 28 before he passed.

Jillian
08-31-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm a sucker for snakes. I can't get rid of them (as my ever growing collection can attest). When they are my pets they are the last stop :) I get so worried about them they are just my babies, even the babies that I sell i keep in touch with alot of the new owners. And I tell them if they are interested in getting rid of them to give me first dibs. :)