PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Regimand

Feeding Regimand

Sindrik8x
09-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Hey guys, last week Cruella had her first dose of two pinkies at one feeding as we are in transition and about to move up to fuzzies in about 2 more weeks. Before then I had been feeding her once every 6 - 7 days. Is it safe to keep to this schedule as she's now eating two? Or, should I wait longer between feeding (8 - 10 days)?

I am sure there really isn't too much a difference, I just wanted to make sure that there wouldn't be any digestive issues keeping feedings so close together. She is passing food fine and digesting well and seems as active as ever. My guess is if I fed her today, she'd inhale it.

Thoughts?

Sindrik8x
09-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Wow... I'm so bad at spelling today: "Regiment"... lol

Nanci
09-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Regimen :-)

I personally feed every 5 days, time permitting, but no more than every 7 days, until the snake is on adult mice.

Sindrik8x
09-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks Nanci. Just wanted to check. Going to go ahead and feed her today then as it's been six. Just didn't want to cause any issues before I knew what was correct and what have you. I appreciate the quick response.

Sindrik8x
09-10-2013, 11:16 AM
So... I just opened the "fuzzy mice" up last night to get a look to see if Cruella is going to be ready in a couple weeks. It looks like a considerable jump from small pinkies. Looking at it (without her present), I'm not so sure she'd be ready for them. I thought fuzzies would be smaller. Petco and petsmart though (at least mine) didn't have any "large" pinkies. It was just one size. So... do I just stick to this 2 small pinky regimen until she's ready for fuzzies? My guess is it's going to be about a month or month and a half before she's ready for these things,