PDA

View Full Version : Feeding 3 instead of 2?

Feeding 3 instead of 2?

Tiffycj
09-10-2013, 12:07 AM
So I opened my new bag of frozen pinkies, but they are WAY smaller than my usuals (Got them from a different pet store).

I have three thawing, which would still equal up to the same amount I have been feeding my corn. I honestly don't think it will make much of a difference with or without the third, I was just curious if you guys have ever done similar, (Pick the two or three smallest to add up to a normal meal size) or if you have any tips against it and why.

AliCat37
09-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Personally I wouldn't, the extra space the third pinkie takes up is really taking a dangerous step to a possible regurge. They may add up to the same weight over all, but having three food items is the problem.

rachow
09-10-2013, 12:22 PM
The one time I fed three pinkies caused a regurge only of the last pinkie. My guess is that it wouldn't fit in her stomach so it came back up. I found a source for larger pinkies and fed those until ready for fuzzies.

Justine66
09-10-2013, 12:31 PM
yeah, usually you feed one, 2 if their too small, but I have never heard of feeding 3 of anything, atleast not with a corn.

I would just stick to feeding two until you can get your hands on some larger pinkys..

beautifullywild77
09-10-2013, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't feed 3, even if they add up to the same. It will increase the risk of a regurge which is devastating to the stomach enzymes.

If they are smaller, I would feed 2 every 5 days until you use up the bag. It is always better to slightly underfed than to overfed.