PDA

View Full Version : Is there such thing as too much?

Is there such thing as too much?

N8Dawg
07-17-2004, 07:45 PM
I was just wondering if you can overfeed your corn. Is it okay to keep giving them food if they keep on eating it without ever regurgitating it back out. One of my corns is about 20" long and he/she sometimes eats as many as 5 good sized fuzzies. If she keeps eating, I keep offering. She is normally hungry again after only 2-3 days too. Is this a bad practice. I just want to push for max growth but don't want to over do it. :licklips:

CornCrazy
07-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Yes, it is called power feeding. And it is not a healthy practice, in my opinion. It can lead to obesity, which can cause all sorts of health problems.

MegF.
07-17-2004, 09:40 PM
I think Cornsnakes, like many snakes, are opportunistic feeders. Since they may not find food for a long time, they'll eat huge amounts, or food that is too large if it's found. My snake would probably eat two medium mice and keep them down if I fed them to her, but she's not going to get it!

shezomru
07-18-2004, 04:12 PM
i read somewhere that obese snakes usually die earlier than snakes who are getting the correct amount of food.

cranwill
07-18-2004, 05:09 PM
If she's eating 5 food items, you could just offer larger items. Maybe give her a hopper every 4-6 days or so. That might give you the growth you want at a lower price and less "guilt". :)

OR... get her on pinkie rats! :D