PDA

View Full Version : After corn eats

After corn eats

watthe
07-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Hey i jus got a baby corn about 2weeks ago n this is the 1st time the snake ate. He jus ate bout 2hrs ago so shuld i put him into his viv now or wait for 3 days to do that? If i put him into the viv now how do i do it? Do i jus pik him up n put him in there?

cranwill
07-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Just pick him up gently and put him down near his warm hide. He'll be fine. :)

watthe
07-18-2004, 11:09 PM
ok thanks i thought thats wat i shuld do i jus wanted to make sure so i didnt do sumthn i wasnt supposed 2.

cranwill
07-18-2004, 11:18 PM
It's always good to check. :)

Bekah
07-19-2004, 12:21 AM
Don't forget that once he's in his viv he needs some time to digest (and that warm spot that was mentioned will help him do just that). Also, many members don't recommend handling the snake for a day or so after he's eaten (besides putting him back in the viv, that is).

TigerLilly
07-28-2004, 03:53 PM
I feed mine in a paper bag and when she's done eating I gently tip the bag and let her slide into her viv, then check every once and a while so I can clean up after her as soon as possible.
Sometimes though I let her out in the warm sun (i feed her outside) and let her work out her excess energy before I pick her up gently and put her in her viv.
Hope that helps. :)

rolph1414
07-29-2004, 01:48 AM
Just get the feel of your snake. I feed mine and hold them for a few minutes before I put them back in their respective viv's.

Although I have only been doing this for a few years now...my snakes are growing and look great!!

Again, get to know the personality of each snake and make some of the decisions yourself based on this!

Good day!

Neumann
07-29-2004, 11:48 AM
After your snake has eaten you can place him back in his viv. I Wouldn't worry which end you place him on, he's the expert and will choose the right location for digestion. If you do pick him up, be sure to support the lump where the mouse occupies his belly to prevent upsetting his stomach.