PDA

View Full Version : Strange indentation in blizard abdomen

Strange indentation in blizard abdomen

Silvergrin
07-19-2004, 10:00 AM
A few weeks ago I noticed my 3', two-year old blizard corn had a weird indentation on the lower portion of her body. It's about 2/3 the way down and is most obvious on her tummy, where it looks like she's resting on a 1" invisible rock. But you can see it from the top too, as her sides bulge in slightly. Her back isn't indented at all. This seems to have appeared suddenly; I noticed it when I was picking her up from a herper friend who had been taking care of my snakes, and who was certain it hadn't been there when the snake had been fed a week earlier. The snake has pooped since I noticed the condition three weeks ago and eaten two meals. Unfortunately this occured right as I was moving across the country, else I would have contacted a vet or at least posted about this as soon as I saw the indentation. I was able to take her to a good local herp store and the owners said they'd never seen anything like it before.

Additional info (not sure if it's relevant): she laid 8 eggs about 40 days before this happened.

Anyone have any ideas of what it is, if it's serious, what to do?

Amanda E
07-19-2004, 12:11 PM
broken ribs maybe?

Silvergrin
07-19-2004, 05:05 PM
... from what? Oh, forgot to mention that I've palpatated the area few times and don't feel anything unusual, and the area doesn't seem to be particularly sensitive. That is, she doesn't jerk or struggle especially hard when I'm feeling it. So I don't think it's broken ribs, unless snakes don't react to pain in a noticable fashion or can't feel broken bones?