PDA

View Full Version : "Green" corns?

"Green" corns?

CrazyCorn
06-27-2002, 03:22 PM
Can anyone tell if there is such a corn cause i was looking around for a corn since i lost my corn Zip :( and i came across a person selling a "Green corn snake" and he had no pic so i was wondering if you guys could tell me if there is such a thing?

thanks! my email (david_2_pack@yahoo.com)

SilverTongue
06-27-2002, 03:59 PM
I know there is a green ratsnake. I have never seen a green corn. Maybe it is an hybred of both rat and corn. I personally think they are the same anyways.

Alicia
06-27-2002, 05:36 PM
Green Blotched Snow (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=726)

I don't know of a Green Corn snake. I have heard of Green Blotched Snow Corns. The above should take you to the pics in the photo section for that thread.

:) Alicia

kenalotia
06-27-2002, 05:55 PM
I've seen lime green amel corn snakes advertised at Simply Snakes (http://www.simplysnakes.com). They have a picture, too. The whole snake isn't green, but the blotch borders, which are white on a regular amel, are green. Interesting looking snake...

CornsnakeKeeper
06-27-2002, 06:07 PM
They posted all of the green ones I've heard of as well. I would be wary. May be a hybrid?

CrazyCorn
06-28-2002, 11:16 AM
Hmmm intresting! Thanks! See green is my favorite color so i got hooked when i heard "green cornsnake" :D Mabye i might just get one!

SilverTongue
06-28-2002, 12:17 PM
cool will you post the link to where you saw this please. I wanna see one. Green is my fav color also! :)

kenalotia
06-28-2002, 12:31 PM
See above. I already posted the link to Simply Snakes (http://www.simplysnakes.com) . Then you can go to their price list, and scroll down 'til you see "Lime Green Amelanistic Corn Snake."

SilverTongue
06-28-2002, 04:43 PM
thanks sorry i missed that post

Darin Chappell
06-28-2002, 05:34 PM
At the risk of raising everyone's ire yet again, I think that many people have already noted that those "lime green amels" are in fact creamsicles. Creams often have that greenish tint to them (I have a male like that myself), and it appears to be a hold over effect from the emoryi blood.

Darin

SilverTongue
06-28-2002, 05:44 PM
perhaps it is a creamsicle, but if they can reproduse that same coloring over and over with some sort of regularity then it is indeed a new line. Because if you think about it. An albino is the same thing as a norm w/o the black. you have to remember all these snakes started out looking generaly the same. and hybrids mutating got involved. ergo we have multi coloring snakes. but they are still the same snakes as in the beginning

take this how ya want to.

CrazyCorn
06-28-2002, 10:22 PM
perhaps it is a creamsicle, but if they can reproduse that same coloring over and over with some sort of regularity then it is indeed a new line.
I also believe it is a new line. At simply snakes they say it is their own line which they produced. So if so,and its not just a fluke..then it is a new line as in a snow and a blizzard for comparison,they both look alike but just because the snow has a pattern it is a different line,as in okeetees and miamis,they look alot alike but are both different. and dont get me started on more....LOL! I just wish i still had my normal red phase corn zip! :rolleyes:

DustinWaller
06-29-2002, 11:47 AM
green my favorite color also,that woud be sweet!

CrazyCorn
06-30-2002, 11:03 AM
Well Thanks for all the responces everybody! I am still looking into this matter of "green cornsnakes". I think that it is very intresting how this has become a matter of opinion. I will still be searching for more clues and see what i can dig up,I think instead of a green ratsnake(which has very lime green coloring,but if you study the photo it is a darker shade of green) I believe they used a "Lime" snow corn x amel and possibly a few other mixes,maybe even another species of colubrid as in a rough green snake x amel
they are very closely related to the cornsnake. And speacial thanks to chris king for a photo of his snow green blocth cornsnake!! love the pic,if anyone else has photos feel free to show them off! i am really getting into this disscusion that i started!
My email,go ahead and email me anytime. (david_2_pack@yahoo.com)

talk later! :D

CrazyCorn
06-30-2002, 05:51 PM
Ok i was checking out rich's site,check it out! Pic (http://www.serpenco.com/cultivars/caramel.html)
But it just might be me :rolleyes: but it looks like it has a tinge of green coloring..

SilverTongue
07-01-2002, 12:46 AM
that is more of a mustard yellow in my opinion

Elaphe_Mo
07-01-2002, 09:51 AM
I think the caramels and ambers can have a bit of greenish looking tint to them, but I wouldn't exactly call them green corn snakes. I do like the look though

just my $.02