PDA

View Full Version : HUGE fuzzies!

HUGE fuzzies!

CornFan29
10-12-2013, 05:11 AM
Ok so my wife went to the store yesterday and picked up some fuzzies for Medusa. This will be the first feeding on fuzzies she is at 36g and roughly 24" long. I have to this point been giving her two pinkies at a time and she takes them one after the other no problem shes a great eater! Now... these fuzzies seem HUGE probably three times larger than the pinkies I have been giving her and I'd say their body girth is maybe twice as wide as her head... Should I try giving them to her? Could the store have given her rat pinkies? Or is this the usual size jump between pinkies and fuzzies? Anny help on this would be great. I will be feeding her tonight and want to know if I should be headed up to the pet shop first looking for something smaller... thank you in advance!

CornFan29
10-12-2013, 06:28 AM
Rat fuzzies not rat pinkies*

CornFan29
10-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Ok answered my own question I got home from work this morning and weighed the feeders and they tipped the scale at 8g each from what I've read this is more along the lines of hopper size. So I guess there WILL be a trip back up to the pet shop today for more pinkies since these were the only "fuzzies" they had. Ugh we need another pet shop by us this one sucks!

spyderk
10-12-2013, 10:08 AM
"Peach" fuzzies are about 5-6 g, fuzzies are 7-9 g. Hoppers are 9-12 g. But I would say a jump from 2 pinks to an 8 g fuzzy is a pretty big jump! Some people don't call them "peach" fuzzies, just fuzzies.