PDA

View Full Version : Another Feeding After Regurge Question

Another Feeding After Regurge Question

romeosidvicious
10-20-2013, 10:11 PM
So we had a regurge a couple of weeks ago. I suspect we startled her because it was pretty much right after feeding. So we waited ten days and Georgina was in blue but I decided to see if she wanted to eat, she did. We changed the feeding routine to take place in a quiet room, and to involve waiting longer to avoid startling her. So she shed overnight and had a bowel movement this afternoon, five days since she was fed a half sized meal. She appears to be hunting and has been all day. She's been more active that I've seen her in the couple of months we've had her. Would it be alright to feed another half weight meal at the five day mark? I hate to think she's hungry and not feed her since I have the food. She's about eighteen months old with no prior regurge issues.

falconier
10-20-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm no expert by far but if she's hungry she'll eat... Try it out I can't see the harm in tring

Nanci
10-21-2013, 05:50 AM
I would probably wait a full seven days, but I don't think it will _hurt_ her to just feed the other half (since it's a partial meal size). But if we always fed snakes when they were displaying hungry hunting behavior, we'd have a bunch of fatty porker snakes.

romeosidvicious
10-21-2013, 07:34 AM
I'll see if she's still on the hunt today. It was her first shed since we got her so maybe she's just an active girl after a shed. I know snakes aren't like mammals and I'm trying to not think about them that way but I hate to think she's hungry. I know in the wild she'd eat way differently than a seven day schedule. I figure I need to relax and worry less.