PDA

View Full Version : Food questions.

Food questions.

Spencer
10-24-2013, 05:45 AM
So I found 1 place to buy mice online (seriously possibly the only place in Japan to do so). So now I have about 2 years worth of food.... and probably more fuzzies than I'll need.
I just upped roxy's food from 2 pinkies to a fairly big fuzzy yesterday. He seemed to have a little trouble fitting it in his mouth, took him at least ten minutes to finish eating it.
My question is this. I was reading about the nutritional value of young mice being lower than is good for a snake in areas such as calcium. they recommend a supplement. is a supplement absolutely necessary?

Nanci
10-24-2013, 06:55 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Be careful increasing his food size by too much- he will regurgitate if it's too big to digest. They _do_ have a hard time swallowing whenever you switch food sizes, though, for a couple times.

Spencer
10-24-2013, 07:46 AM
It's been and the lump has gone down a bit. According to the food chart And people on here he should have been on fizziest a while ago.

Alicia P
10-24-2013, 12:37 PM
10 mins isn't a terribly long time esp for the first time eating a new sized prey item.

I would get some ziplock vacuum seal bags and put the majority of the mice in the coldest part of the freezer. Take out a month or two supply at a time and put them in a regular freezer bag towards the front somewhere, keeping them vacuum sealed and in the coldest part will help them last longer.