• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Strange Elimination Pattern

romeosidvicious

So Georgina poops every time she eats, like clockwork, when I put her in her tub with the F/T food. This time she started eating damn near before I had the lid snapped on, waited until she had eaten the mouse, then pooped. I wasn't sure what to do so I left her alone for two hours as I didn't want a regurge. She pretty much curled up at the far end of the tub but did drag her tail through the poop so when I transferred her back to her viv I got a nice soft rag with really warm water and let her slither through it while wiping her down on her way back in.

Anyone else have one that regularly poops in their feeding tub? Should I be worried?

I wouldn't be worried :p
It's a nice thing to know when they'll poop, at least!
If you don't want it to happen, just take her out for a bit more exercise before feeding day. That does the trick for mine, as it gets things moving - and this their bowels.

It probably is from previous mice and not the one he's digesting or maybe it's musk? Mine likes to poop in the temp tub while I clean her tank. She usually poops a day after eating too... but when I got her it took her like 3-4 pinkies until she started pooping... so I'm guessing she's holding it somewhere lol.

It DEFINITELY wouldn't be the current mouse she's eating; it would be the one before... that would be cool if they could digest that fast though ;)
More active snakes (or snakes that could be moved up a size in food) will poop sooner - usually, or at least I have read. Although I have heard of some not pooping for a couple weeks, too.

The thing I don't like about this is if she is pooping in her feeding bin, before she eats, she is risking re-ingesting any parasites she may have. If any of my snakes poop in their feeding bins, or water bowls, I wash the container with bleach or chlorhexidine. Could you remove her from her bin prior to feeding, then let her run around a little bit to see if she is going to poop, before putting her in her feeding bin?

Nanci: That’s a good idea. Usually she poops before going after the food so we take her and the food out, thoroughly clean the tub, and then put everything back. This time she ate then pooped so I didn't want to risk a regurge since we are on the second feeding in the protocol after a regurge already.

Back