PDA

View Full Version : Anti-fungal powder

Anti-fungal powder

JaketheTick
06-27-2002, 09:25 PM
Which brands are good? Any certain chemicals to look for? Where is a good place to get them? IM down to the final hours on my eggs, one has already shriveled and has some pretty bad fungus on it, and another is turning colors, but still seems to be ok. I dont want to take any chances. By the way, any ideas on what encourages fungus to grow on the eggs? Thanks.

Tim Madsen
07-06-2002, 10:56 PM
Tinactin, dr. scholls, goldbond, take your pick. Fungus occures because either the egg is bad or there's too much moisture in the incubating medium.

CornCrazy
07-07-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Tim Madsen
Tinactin, dr. scholls, goldbond, take your pick. Fungus occures because either the egg is bad or there's too much moisture in the incubating medium.

Speaking of moisture...The humidity in my incubator is staying at around 85%. Is this OK or do I need to adjust it? I haven't seen any fungus, yet. The eggs have only been incubating almost 2 weeks, though.

By the way, Tim, do you have a website?

Thanks!

Tim Madsen
07-07-2002, 08:33 AM
I wouldn't let it get any lower 90% would be better. As long as the eggs don't start getting dents in them I wouldn't worry. By the way I have no idea what the humidity is in my egg boxes, I don't use an incubator for colubrid eggs. I normally have a 95% hatch rate or better. Humidity needs to be high but it's not all that critical. Too high can also be bad don't let it get above 98%.IMHO