PDA

View Full Version : Not eating?

Not eating?

weerogue
11-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Just put Alice in her tank as usual with a thawed mouse, she doesn't seem interested at all? That isn't like her, should I brain the mouse? She is in her feeding box in my room iv just left her to see if she will take it in her own time, she is not in. Shed

AliCat37
11-09-2013, 05:15 PM
You can always try reheating it and braining it, but I wouldnt worry too much over one or two missed feedings :)

weerogue
11-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Thank you I will try her again next week :)

Joba
11-11-2013, 04:57 PM
How big is Alice? Like AliCat said, probably nothing to worry about; my dumerils sometimes goes months without eating.

weerogue
11-17-2013, 12:17 PM
She is about 3 foot thing is she has never missed a feed, now when I put a mouse in her feeding tank it's as if she is scared of it or just slithers past doesn't even smell it :( I'm worried because that's been 2 weeks now she has missed! She isn't coming up for she'd either and looks and acts healthy??

Joba
11-17-2013, 12:28 PM
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131573&highlight=non-feeder

Here's a list of tricks for non-feeders, posted by Nanci. The only other thing I'd say, right now, is don't offer food for at least a few days, if not 5-7 days, after she's refused. We don't want her to see food as a stress source. Good luck.

ps. my dumerils, who hadn't eaten in six weeks, ate last night. He refused at first (I have to leave the mouse, warmed and blow-dried, in his small feeding enclosure and cover the enclosure with a blanket). So I re-heated the mouse, slit it's belly open, brained it, and put it back in with Dexter, and within a half hour he was eating it. You just never know which combination of tricks it might take with certain animals. I might do the same thing the next four times and he may refuse all four times. It's frustrating, but we just keep trying, right? Again, good luck.

weerogue
11-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Thanks very much bud I will try these things I really hope she takes food again it just isn't like her :( good luck with your dexter

Janome
11-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Are you sure she's a she? Males will go off feeding this time of year as the seasons change and weather is cooler now. 2 weeks is not long at all for a corn snake to have not eaten. My male has gone off food couple months at a time then he just decides to eat again.

weerogue
11-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Yes she's a she had her probed, really I didn't know that, a month wow maybe I shouldn't worry as much then

HVani
11-17-2013, 04:58 PM
I have a female snow that went without eating for 4 months. She was pretty sick but once she got better she started eating again and is doing just fine now.