PDA

View Full Version : Amel is being aggressive???

Amel is being aggressive???

CK2434
06-28-2002, 03:50 AM
alrite now ive noticed the past 2 weeks my amel has been aggresive towards me! it pisses me off she never did this b 4 to me! every time i open the cage and try to take her out she coils up and sumtimes striokes it kinda scares me 2 getting bit doesnt skare me its just when they strike at u it does any suggestions on how to get her to stop?

CK2434
06-28-2002, 03:54 AM
and also when i touch her she makes really fast movements and tries to get away i jus noticed this today whats up withher shes about 19 in long

pdrau
06-28-2002, 04:15 AM
How long have you had her? Sounds like my ghost female when she gets in pre-shed mode, but since it has gone on for 2 weeks that's probably not it. Have you changed anything that you have done in the past? Any possibility of new scents on your hands or something like that?

Peter

Jr Nimeskern
06-28-2002, 10:42 AM
HMMM this sounds like my female normals problem that im having right now... Im not sure what the problem might be... are you scaring her? on accident? mine usually acts wierd when they are about to shed but like what Pdrau said 2 weeks is to long... she could be hurting for some reason... she could be hurt and you just dont know it... they get really defensive when they are sick or what not... im not to sure for this situation I just gave some whatifs... but I dont know...

CK2434
06-28-2002, 11:23 PM
i have had her for almost a year she has never done this b 4 i dont think ive scared her at all she shed about 3 weeks ago it just sucks cuz im kinda scared to touch her cuz it startes me when the snake gets in the s position and is gonna strike at my hand but i dunno i havent had n e new scents on my hand well i guess ill jus have to get bit a couple times and maybe shell calm down hopefully...

Tim Madsen
07-17-2002, 12:30 PM
All Cornsnakes are not created equal. They can all have little (for lack of a better term) personality quirks. Yours most likely will grow out of this behavior with lots of handling and time, most do. IMHO

Abuyoussef
07-25-2002, 01:40 AM
i once had a snake who's tail had a cut then i was handiling it ...it opened it mouth and just went crazy but it wasn't a corn so check it out ..check if there are any cuts.....btw,,,my corn never never like tryed to strike me ..even if its shedding ...it never did...welll only once it was killing a mouse i was looking and it tryed to strike me ...but it just hit the glass of the aquaruim.....oh i got scared that time....anyways keep us posted ......

CK2434
08-01-2002, 02:36 AM
well she still does it its kinda like when i open the cage its disturbing her sleep or sumthing i put my hand in there and she gets in the strike position so what ive been doing is using a stick to move her and then sumtimes pick her p and sumtimes use the stick to get her out but once she gets on my hand she is fine i dunno

Vedica
08-01-2002, 03:42 AM
While your snake may sick or hurt--those are real possibiliies, it sounds like you need to just pick the snake up. All snake owners get bit from time to time. It scares you more than anything else. Place your hand gently over the snake, and just pick it up. They normally stop biting when they are in your hands. They can't eat you, unless you are really really small. Have fun!:D

Vedica
08-02-2002, 09:38 AM
It is not really all that common to have a yearling or adult corn that is foul-tempered. They, (and I think I can speak for most of the people on the forum) tend to be very even-tempered, and will actually put up with a lot things that other snakes won't. Come to think of it, my best breeding female gets in these moods once in awhile. The last time she went into a tirade I had to use a snake hook just to get her out of her cage. She was ticked--sometimes it happens. In other specimens, and probably most, you will never see a corn exhibit foul behavior. The important thing though is to not let one snake ruin your snake experience.
Have fun---corns are cool!