• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is it alright to switch from live to f/t often or is it better to stick

It depends

on what your snake will take. All of mine will take either, and I go back and forth depending on what I have on hand, and I have never had any problem. :shrugs:

I like the convenience, safety, and availability of f/t. If your snake will eat them. Do it! Mine had no trouble switching to f/t when she got to the point that she was feeding on mice that would have teeth.

I want to switch my snake from live to thawed pinkies as well, I know if the snake rejects the food I should wait a couple of days and try again, but how long should that go on for with a one month old hatchling? Is it like a child, when it gets hungry enough it'll eat or could this be very dangerous? Any tips on how to make a thawed pinky more appealing?

Make sure it's plenty warm. Live prey has a body temp of 100-101 degrees. You can heat it up in a baggy in hot water to keep as much scent as possible. If necessary you can cut open the head a little and get a little brain material out on the head. If your snake has been a good feeder, it will probably take the f/t just fine. Mine made the switch easily, and still treats it as if it's alive.

Back