PDA

View Full Version : want to find out if this shedding quote is true. personally found it stupid ..

want to find out if this shedding quote is true. personally found it stupid ..

Jurie#11
11-28-2013, 07:30 AM
So my ballpython hasn't been eating for 6months and he finally started eating and he has shed 3 times in the last month - month and a half.
So I googled some shedding things (( google snakes stuff before bed )) and there was a women that said this , "When shed skin doesn't come off, the snake will shed again and again until all the shed skin bits are gone and this can make them sick". So I've never ever heard of this before. Not only shedding makes the snake sick but also it will shed over and over again if some old skin is still left??? Anybody on here know ?

ghosthousecorns
11-28-2013, 09:27 AM
They will shed a little more often to heal from injuries. It doesn't make the snake sick, if the snake is sick it could be a symptom though. And it's not like they can shed and immediately shed again. Stuck bits of shed is a humidity issue. I have to say the quote sounds stupid to me as well.

Nanci
11-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Has your snake gained a lot of weight in the last month?

Jurie#11
11-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Kind of. He went from 650grams to 709 grams. But he is eating well again and everything it great. I just knew about injury will cause a snake to shed a lot and a female will shed before laying and after laying her eggs. But I've never heard of any snakes shedding again cuz there's old shed still attached.

Nanci
11-28-2013, 01:16 PM
I don't think that they do. Although when I had a cornsnake with a retained spectacle (eye cap) he _did_ shed very shortly after I discovered it- like two weeks. But he was a new snake, so I don't know when he had shed previously.